Also referred to as atopic dermatitis, eczema is a prevalent skin condition that affects close to one in every ten people in the United States. Luckily, there are many treatment options available to help manage eczema symptoms. People are turning to natural remedies. One of the most promising options is the use of emu oil. The oil helps treat the symptoms and will help you get younger looking skin at the same time. The best thing is the oil is all-natural and doesn’t have side effects, as is the case with synthetic products like steroid cream. In addition, the oil doesn’t have withdrawal side effects.
As you may already know, emu oil is extracted from the fat of an emu. This is a bird native to Australia. In raw form, the fat of an emu contains essential fatty acids. The oil is rich in oleic acid, linoleic acid, and palmitic acid. Many benefits come with using emu oils. You will get younger looking skin because, in addition to treating the symptoms of eczema, the oil helps with the following:
- Moisturizes the skin
- Offers anti-inflammatory benefits
- Serves as a natural guard against the elements
- Improves healing
- Triggers the production of healthy skin cells
- Repels bugs and minimizes triggers
The main issue brought by eczema is skin inflammation. The condition causes the immune system to send inflammatory signals to your skin surface. These signals are what cause rashes and irritation. The essential fatty acids in emu oil help soothe the skin and reduce inflammation.
Eczema mostly causes the skin to dry up. This leads to itching and can cause lichen simplex chronicus, which is a condition caused by excessive scratching of dry skin patches. The regular use of emu oil helps the skin lock in moisture and helps the skin heal better and become smooth.
Protects against the elements
Emu oils are non-comedogenic. This means it doesn’t clog the skin pores. The oil works as a sealant that locks in moisture. This reduces the impact of exposure to such elements as UV rays. The oil is also effective in healing sun damage. In addition to this, pure emu oil will help:
- Relieve the symptoms of eczema, psoriasis, and seborrheic dermatitis
- Reduce the effects of Lichen Sclerosus
- Trigger the growth of healthy hair follicles
- Relieve radiation burns as well as skin damage resulting from chemotherapy
- Enhance the effectiveness of other skincare products by improving skin absorption
- Provide aftercare for tattoos and piercings
- Reduce breast sensitivity experienced by breastfeeding mothers
With the regular use of emu oil, you will get visibly younger-looking skin. In addition, the oil further improves eczema by soothing the symptoms and triggering the growth of healthy skin cells. However, the rule of thumb is to only use pure emu oil from a reputable manufacturer and distributor.