Emu blue is a product created using pure emu oil. As you may already know, emu oil has been used for thousands of years by Australian Indigenous people. The Aborigines found that applying the oil on the skin helps ease inflammation, relieved joint and muscle pain and served as a remarkable moisturizer. Today, emu oils are used to treat a wide variety of conditions including arthritis, skin conditions like dermatitis and eczema and other conditions. Thanks to the known benefits of emu oil, many people are clearing their medicine cabinets in favor of emu oil products.
How it benefits the skin
The efficacy of emu blue can be attributed to the emu oil fat lipids which mimic the ones on the top layer of the skin. Since pure emu oils are almost 100% triglyceride lipid, the fatty compound is the same as the fatty acids on the human skin. This makes absorption through the skin easier and faster than other creams and oils. When applied directly to the skin, studies have shown that the oil helps reduce swelling and stimulates skin cell regeneration.
Emu oil contains the following:
- Vitamin A: This helps with skin repair and anti-oxidant properties
- Oleic acid: Helps with skin-cell regeneration and services as an anti-wrinkle agent
- Linoleic acid: This eases muscle aches and joint pain
- Sapogens: These serve as skin softeners
- Terpines: These are known for their antiseptic properties
When it comes to combating wrinkles, emu oils work by offering skin-bulking as well as moisturizing. This helps replenish dry, scaly, irritated or thinning skin. The oil also reduces moisture loss from the skin by creating a protective hydrophobic barrier. This helps with the maintenance of a healthy topical microflora barrier.
The regular use of emu oil does more than just soften and moisturize the skin. Additional benefits include”
- Smoothing and conditioning rough heels, knees, and elbows
- Moisturizing and softening the cuticles and hands
- Reducing flakiness and itching associated with dry skin
- Protecting the hands and face from harsh weather
- Reducing the appearance of burns, scars, wrinkles, stretch marks and sunburns
- Reducing the appearance of damaged skin after surgery, injury, acne or pregnancy
Pure emu oil has powerful antioxidants which help improve the condition of aging skin and aid with skin cell regeneration. However, for you to rip the most benefits from any emu oil-based product, you must use the product consistently. You should also not just stick with the products that are applied orally. Pure emu oils can be taken orally to offer more health benefits. The rule of thumb, however, is to ensure you buy the oil from a reputable manufacturer and distributor.