Emu oil has been around for thousands of years. It was originally only used by the Australian Indigenous people. Today, the oils are used all over the world to treat all manner of health conditions. If you have cuts, burns or other skin conditions, the oil will do wonders in helping them heal. But why is it that emu oils help with cuts and burns? To better answer this question, we have to look at what this oil offers.
Emu oil has fat lipids that mimic those that are found in the top layer of the human skin. As a result, pure emu oil is usually 100% triglyceride lipid. This fatty compound is similar to fatty acids that are found in the human skin. It is thus absorbed easily and faster into the skin than any other oil and cream. It is the easy penetration through the skin that help with cuts and burns because the healing properties of the oil are carried to the desired areas.
Many studies have proven that taking emu oil offers myriad healing benefits. Researchers have found that the oil helps reduce swelling on the skin when it is applied on the affected area. The oil further stimulates skin-cell regeneration which is what help scars heal better.
The healing benefits of ingesting emu oil and applying it on the skin can be attributed to what the oil contains.
- Vitamin A. This helps with skin repair and also offers anti-oxidant properties
- Sapogens help soften the skin
- Linoleic acid eases joint pain and muscle aches
- Oleic acid helps with skin-cell regeneration. It is also a great anti-wrinkle agent.
- Terpines have antiseptics properties.
The regular use of emu oil has been found to combat wrinkles. It does so through skin-bulking as well as offering moisturizing properties. The oil thus helps replenish dry, scaly as well as irritated or thinning skin. The added benefit of using the oil daily is that it prevents moisture loss by creating a protective hydrophobic barrier.
Emu oil will not just help with cuts and burns. The oil offers several other benefits which include:
- Condition and smooth rough knees, heels and elbows
- Moisturize and soften cuticles and hands
- Reduce itching and flakiness that is associated with dry skin
- Protect the hands and face from harsh weather and wind
- Reduce the appearance of stretch marks, burns, scars, sunburn and wrinkles
- Reduce the appearance of skin damage after pregnancy, surgery, injury and acne
There are so many benefits you stand to gain from using emu oil regularly. However, to get the most benefits, you must stick to pure emu oils from reputable manufacturers and distributors. How the oil is refined impacts its efficacy.