Are you afraid the cuts on your skin are taking longer than usual to heal? If you are, one of the searches you may have done online is what helps cuts. One of those searches might even have brought you to this post. While there are many products that help cuts heal better and faster, one of your safest bet is emu oils. These are natural oils extracted from the fat of an emu. The best thing about them is that they work great even on people with sensitive skin. But what exactly is contained in this oil that helps wounds heal at an accelerated rate?
To better answer the question on what helps cuts, you need to take a look at what makes the product so effective. The reason emu oil is so effective in treating cuts and other skin conditions is it contains lipids that are similar to those in the human skin. Researchers have found that emu oil is 100% triglyceride lipid. This makes it almost the same as the fatty acids found in our skin. As a result, the oil can be absorbed easily into the skin than most other topical medications used to treat cuts.
When applied on the skin, emu oil starts by reducing the swelling. The oil then stimulates the regeneration of new skin cells. This is what improves the appearance of skin and the rate at which cuts heal. The reason for this oil’s effectiveness can be attributed to the key ingredients it contains. They include the following:
- Vitamin A. This is known for its skin repair as well as anti-oxidant properties.
- Oleic acid. This can help the skin cells to regenerate. It also helps treat wrinkles.
- Linoleic acid. This eases muscle aches and joint pains.
- Sapogens. This helps soften the skin.
- Terpines. This has antiseptic properties.
Treats more than cuts
Using emu oils to treat cuts will do more than just that. It will help reduce the appearance of stretch marks, wrinkles and reduce scarring. The oil will also do the following:
- Softens and moisturizes hands
- Smooth and condition rough knees, heels and elbows
- Reduces the appearance of burns, scars, wrinkles, stretch marks, and sun damage on the skin
- Reduce the appearance of damaged skin after surgery, injury, acne or pregnancy
- Reduce itching and flakiness that come with having dry skin
- Protect the skin from harsh weather
There are so many benefits that come with using emu oil. The rule of thumb, however, is to be careful where you buy the oil from. The best oil to use on cuts is pure emu oil. Get your oil from a reputable manufacturer or distributor. You also need to use it regularly in order to enjoy the most benefits.